The Top 20 Watch List
Baselworld, the world's largest watch and jewellery fair comes to the Messe Basel Exhibition Centre this week. The industry is in a period of flux, with growing interest in independent, boutique brands such as Cyrus, Arnold & Son and MB&F gaining popularity, an increasing number of brands going direct to customers, and established players like Jaeger-LeCoultre and Vacheron Constantin developing more accessibly priced models to appeal to younger buyers.
Whether you are looking to negotiate a deal with a new timing partner, or reach out to a range of watch brands over the next few weeks to coincide with Baselworld, we've spoken to all of the leading players and challengers in the sector. From these conversations, Pearlfinders has produced The Top 40 Watch List report, with a concise summary of our insight from each brand. Request your copy of the report here.
A few trends to pick out from this report:-
- Nearly all brands are concerned with how to differentiate from competitors, with many moving away from saturated sports including sailing, golf and motorsport.
- That said, 40% of the brands on this list are still allocating large budgets for motorsports partnerships this year.
- Many have identified the US as a key growth market for 2018.
- 35% of these brands are investing in arts & culture.
- 20% are seeking greater engagement with younger audiences.